Monday, August 13, 2012

Celebrating: The Red, White & Blue!

Celebrating: The Red, White & Blue!: Over the years, I have adopted the idea of decorating for the 4th! This year I saw a few patriotic ideas on Pinterest that I just HAD to do!  Of course, I found out the hard way, that the mantel decorations needed to be unbreakable.  Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to the loud clang of metal hitting marble!  Thankfully it was not the crystal candle holders, that are now up there just for a photo op!  I'll just say Kris will be glad when the decorations are gone and she can have her mantle back!

Back to Pinterest...I had seen a couple of different ideas that gave me ideas on using stuff I had on hand. Love when that happens!  I had a canvas and red duck tape to make the focal point of the mantle.  All I had to get was the blue star on the middle.  Last Sunday, my niece Ava and I made Popsicle stick Flags that turned out so cute!    We had such a fun time making them! I had several tin buckets in my garage, so I just added a little red, white and blue bling for a great Flag holder. A red painted mayonnaise jar with a ribbon makes a perfect non-breakable vase for the daisies!  Everything else was from my own collection of decorations. 


Popsicle Flag


Blank Canvas & Duct Tape



Holiday Mantle


And the now best new addition!  Mom and I were at an Estate sale a couple of weeks ago where most of the stuff was a little over priced, so when I spied this set, I figured it would be much more than I would be willing to spend, especially when I picked a piece over and it said "Pottery Barn."     Much to my delight, they were labeled $1.00 for each piece, and just $2.00 for 4 napkins.  Needless to say, they came home with me! Gotta love a bargain!


Mug & Snack Plate







Let's hear it for The Red, White and Blue!

Ya'll come back!

Susan
May the Lord bless his people with peace and happiness and let them Celebrate! Psalm 64:10

*Originally posted  July 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment