Monday, August 13, 2012

Celebrating: Being Crafty!

Celebrating: Being Crafty!:
Have you found Pinterest yet?  Well I have, and I can't tell you how many good ideas and recipes I have used from visiting this site.  Some people are so clever and creative!  And when I see the idea, I can usually re-create it.  This past year I made a Christmas Wreath for my door that got so many compliments for being both festive and different from anything they had ever seen.  I also made  apothecary candy jars that are being used year round.




So when I spyed an Easter wreath - I could not wait to try my hand at it!  I had also seen many clever ways to make pedestals, and I thought it would be nice to have a couple for entertaining.  So last week, I deemed Saturday to be a craft day. 

I went to my local Goodwill and purchased 3 silver candlesticks and a couple of silver plated trays (all for under $12.00).  I found another square silver tray at a yard sale for .25 that I could not pass up.  All I did was epoxy the trays to the of top the candlesticks and walla - I have 3 silver pedestals for my next party.




 Now to tackle my wreath.   I purchased most everything from Hobby Lobby and Michael's (using the 40% coupons).  In no time, I had the cutest Easter Wreath, which will be placed on my door this afternoon. I am so glad for other peoples creative ideas that I can reproduce!



I love being creative - whether it is in the kitchen or using my hands. My creative "kitchen genes" came from Mom, of course, but my artistic gene came from my Dad.  He loved to draw and paint! And he made the most amazing ships from kits.  There would be a million "parts" and he would spend hours putting them together.  He was very ill the last few years of his life and making these ships perhaps helped on those particularly hard days.  We have several of his paintings hanging on  the walls at Mom's house  - its very comforting to see my dad still there in spirit!

Ya'll come back!

Susan
May the Lord bless his people with peace and happiness and let them celebrate! Psalm 64:10

*Originally posted March 13, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment