Monday, January 21, 2013

Celebrating: 2013's First Entertaining Op!

I can't believe it is half way into January!  And it seems every year in January, I vow to entertain more during the year. There are so many groups of friends from my past (and present) that I don't get to visit very often and I love to present an opportunity for us to meet.. It is so rewarding when we do finally arrange a convenient time for all of us to get together. But when the end of the year rolls around, I find myself wondering how I let another year pass without making  a better effort .  I did have two different groups of long time dear  friends for brunch and it was so much fun.  It is just good for the soul when a group of girlfriends from your past come together to remember stories, talk about "loves past", laugh and remember how silly (&crazy) we were way back when!

My first entertaining of this year, I'm having some new friend's for a luncheon.  I refer to them as "The Tuesday Morning Starbuck's Girls."  Every other Tuesday morning at 6:00 am - yes I said AM,   we meet at Starbucks for Bible Study.  March will mark a year!  Never would I have thought I would voluntarily get up at 5:20 to make it to Starbuck's for a Bible Study.  It is soooo worth losing sleep over!  It is such an amazing way to prepare for the day ahead.  I have really come to enjoy these four women and to share this time with them. It has been a wonderful experience to learn and just continue this journey of knowing more
about Our God. We are currently studying "The Bad Girls of the Bible" and learning more about characters from the Bible that they didn't teach us in Sunday School!
And, for me, the most exciting part of entertaining is the planning. I pour over cookbooks, watch cooking shows and of course consult the trusty Contessa members for ideas and feedback.  This time I went with a "tried and true" recipe of Ina's, Penne with 5 Cheeses.  I have not make this in a couple of years and it is a favorite of mine.  I always like to make a little "take home" treat.  I found a bag of Toll House mint chocolate chips on clearance at Kroger for less than a dollar and I had leftover Andes Candy from Christmas, so I made a double chocolate mint bark.

Here's the final menu...

                                                      Ricotta Olive and Pine Nut Spread
                                                                with Toasted Baguette
                                                         
                                                                      Green Salad
                                                              tossed in a Vinaigrette

                                                               Penne with 5 cheeses
                                                          Marinated Chilled Asparagus

                                                                        Dessert
                                                        Sliced fruit with cannoli Cream

Sorry no pictures!  My computer was just not cooperating with Blogspot!

Ya'll come back!

Susan
May the Lord bless his people with peace and happiness and let them celebrate!  Psalm 64:10
                                                                                                                  
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment