Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Celebrating: Christmas!

Its hard to believe Christmas is just about here!  I have one of those electronic billboards outside my office window and one of the advertisements has had the countdown to Christmas and this morning when I glanced up it said 5 days to Christmas. Wow - that happened overnight!  As a child, it seemed to take foreveeeeeer to reach Christmas day. Now the time just flies once Thanksgiving passes.

No problems for me, this 5 days before Christmas for I had all my presents purchased and wrapped 2 weeks ago, so I have been able to enjoy the season.  I still have some baking to do, but I think that will be done this weekend!

Decorating was started the day after Thanksgiving with the Tree the last thing to complete.  It was being held hostage in the attic and I had to wait for someone to rescue it for me!  It was the first time in 3 years I have put up the tree since I have a VERY curious little four legged daughter.  I have decorated everything except for a tree each year, but this year I decided to press my luck, so I put up the tree. I did let it sit empty for a couple of days in hopes she would lose interest.  No such luck!  For the 2st 2 days after it was decorated,  the ribbon was askew, the tree skirt bunched and ornaments scattered across the house.  Eventually she did lose interest and the ornaments (most of the time) remain on the tree. I will admit to a little help with a spray bottle.

Below is my "kitty tree." The ornaments are "kitties ornaments" that have been collected for many years.  It was so much fun seeing these ornaments after 3 years and remembering where they all came from.  As you know, when someone knows you collect a certain item, that is the present you get for Birthdays, Christmas and other special occasions, so I have lots to display. I have quite a collection and had many that did not make it to the tree since I was avoiding any dangling objects at the bottom and just a swat away from being thrown from the tree.



The Kitty Tree

Can I just say, I loved my mantle this year. I was going for a vintage look and think it turned out quite nice.




I used my built in bookcase to display my Christmas collections of Santas, Nativity Sets and Angels. I always hate to put up all my Santa's for they make me happy seeing them all on the shelves.



So, this is  bit of my Christmas!  Hope you enjoyed my tour of decorations!

I wish each of you the very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2013!

Ya'll come back!


Susan
May the Lord bless his people with peace and happiness and let them Celebrate! Psalm 64:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment